Sure we change our styles, our likes and dislikes but never have I been seeing such unusual stuff lately in our fashion world. Apart from current mishaps in fashion judgment [yes ok, I’ll speak for myself because some will just not agree with me!] I resurrected some old and current habits that really get on my nerves. Here are some fashion faux pas that resonate with me:
1. Ripped Tights: Gosh, I really do not see the purpose of this whatsoever! Call me old fashion but destroying a perfectly pair of leg wear to me is just sinful!
2. The “Fake Glasses”: We love nerds. Let’s face it, we do! The innocent studious "look" is such a big turn on for us girls (I won't disagee), but to me it seems a bit bizarre to invest into a pair of fake plastic glasses that for the most part, hold every other purpose in the world expect for impaired vision. The concept is just humorous to me.
3. The Baggy Beanie: Alright Alright, so I know people still like to rock this look but come on, i'm just over just seeing this look everywhere.
4. Wristband “Hairtie”: Whoever decided that wearing a hairtie as a jewelry component is seriously twisted! Ok, this may be less of a fashion faux pas than the rest, but I just gotta get it out there…doesn’t it bother anyone else?!
5. The Overly Teased Hair: There is no way this astronomical hair can possibly be natural. I accept the concept of people wanting to rid the flat "I need some volume in my hair" kind of look, but to the extent of giving youself a "permanent bedhead" kind of look seems just too over the top ridiculous!
I feel like such a cynic but I just had to get these thoughts out! Let me know what you think! As anyone else who blogs, I realize that I will come across others who disagree, but just to make it clear-I am in no way wanting to sound condescending or narcissistic. We are all entitled to our opinions, and I fully respect those who do make theirs apparent, regardless if I agree!
Thanks for reading!